WEEKLY BLUES JAMS, OPEN MIC NIGHTS (musicians bring your instrument, drum sticks and mic and sign-up for the Jam):
Memphis Blues Society Sponsored Blues Jam:
Thursdays, 7:30-11pm, free, Memphis Blues Society Jam hosted by Jackie Flora & Friends, Jam participants bring your instruments, drum sticks and mics. Arrive early to sign up for the jam. RockHouse Live Memphis, 5709 Raleigh LaGrangeRd., Memphis, TN 38134. (http://www.rockhouselive.com) phone: 901-386-7222
Other Blues Jams, Open Mic Nights in Memphis and the Mid-South:
- Sundays, 8:30-11:30pm, "Hit the Mic/Open Mic Night – Collierville” RockHouse Live Collierville, 336 New Byhalia Rd., Collierville, TN. HTM begins with a Headliner set from 8:30-9:30 pm, followed by an Open Mic until 11:30pm
- Tuesdays, 7-11pm, Open Mic Night hosted by Donna Bowers, RockHouse Live, Raleigh LaGrange Rd.
- 2nd Tuesdays monthly (Call ahead to verify the Jam Date & Time), Royal Blues Band Jam, Lafayette’s Music Room in Overton Square, 2119 Madison Ave., Memphis, TN 38104, phone: 901-207-5097
- Thursdays, 6pm, Open Mic Night hosted by House Blend Band, Red’s Coldwater BBQ & Blues, 646 B E. Service Dr., Coldwater, MS 38618, phone: 601-667-8041
- Saturday (Monthly) 5-8pm, Hernando’s Monthly Blues Jam, hosted by the Double Ds: Douglas Banks & Danny Banks, Hernando’s Hideaway. Contact Hernando’s Hideaway to verify the monthly jam date: www.WorldFamousHernandosHideaway.com
FEED THE BLUES
‘FEED THE BLUES’, is a Food, Living Essentials and Funds collection drive to support mid-south musicians in need during the COVID-19 Pandemic. The loss of most live music has cost many musicians their art, livelihood and source of income to make a living. This has caused undo and unforeseen hardships throughout the music community. Radio-Memphis (http://www.Radio-Memphis.com) and the Memphis Blues Society (http://www.MemphisBluesSociety.com) are partners together with this drive. The FEED THE BLUES Musician help campaign in under way now and will continue until the Pandemic subsides, the community is safe and live music returns to some normalcy for musicians.
If you’re able, please consider bringing non-perishable food & living essentials (toiletries, paper towels, toilet paper, etc.) to the Radio-Memphis studio lobby, 9:30am – 2pm, Monday thru Friday, 4745 Poplar Ave., Suite B-100 (basement), Memphis, TN 38117
OR consider making a secure, online tax-deductible donation to the Memphis Blues Society Papa Don McMinn Musician Humanitarian Fund: Look above on this age, click on the ‘Donate’ button below ‘Contribute to the MBS Papa Don McMinn Musician Fund’.
For more information:
Phone: call the Radio-Memphis business line at 901-352-0107.